Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BOC: Food Photography

Photographer: Vicky Lemus
Food Photography


Photographer: Vicky Lemus

Food Photography





Food what can I say but something prepared that looks delicious to the eye this is what we are trying to portray in are picture. A delight and sensation of tastes but with the eye. Food photography I have to say is one of the hardest things to do. The time and preparation of the food and making sure it looks appetizing to the viewer. I chose to take a picture of a homemade cupcake. This cupcake had chocolate butter cream frosting with sprinkles on the top for color. I wanted to make something simple I wanted it to be a bit easier. Only problem is that you face with the food not coming out and not being as good looking as you would like. In food photography you have to make sure it’s done correctly and that it’s beautiful that it’s flawless so that you just want to eat what is on the page. I shot this on a white backdrop with ambient lighting and flash to compensate for the shadows. I wanted to focus mostly on the cupcake and nothing else. It was very challenging with the lighting because I wanted to experiment with ambient lighting to see if it would come out correctly. I believe it did the trick. I believe this will help me with my photography by helping understand the little things and the little to big detail it takes to do shots like these. Food photography a form of photography that is just about perfect. Its un edible but appetizing to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment