Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BOC: News Worthy Story



Photographer: Vicky Lemus

News worthy Story



Rain So Clean its Drinkable!

We were supposed to do our own version of a news story event. I chose do a photograph of something that actually happened. It had rained pretty bad that the drainage ditches in Henderson had filled up and drain to the lake. I was in Lake Las Vegas taking pictures and I realized how bad the lake looked. Not chocolate milk it’s not done on purposed but it happened. The water was so packed with trash and debris that it look so horrible that the fish couldn’t even move in the lake. So my news worthy story ad is Rain so clean it’s drinkable, I never seen the lake so dirty but it makes you aware of what our environment is going through.  You think rain is so clean that it could be drinkable. But when it does things like this you start to wonder. I was using and 28-135mm lens and I was shooting from up high on a bridge. I wanted to catch the swirls of the dirt in the water. I wanted to show how much debris was gathering in the lake but focusing on the water. I realize that in this picture you do not notice where you are but like I said before I really wanted to focus on the water and how dirty it was. It was cloudy with flat diffused sky which made the colors of the dirt in the water stand out and not be washed out.  News worthy stories are not easy to get but interesting and one of a kind things to get are worth it if you catch them.  Learning to do it was fun and interesting and I would incorporate it to my work because in racing you must anticipate the driver’s moves and to catch that one shot it always one of a kind as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment