Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 1 Photo Challenge: Self Portrait


For our first challenge we were face with our most difficult the self portrait. This is supposed to be a representation of yourself and how others see you and tells who you are. For me this was the most difficult. I always have trouble trying to figure out who and how people perceive me. So I had to ask around and the most answers were Fun, silly, quite, loud, and sweet. So I tried to incorporate as much as possible to my shot as I could.


In this picture I decided to do an everyday fun simple shot at the park. I wanted the viewer to see me a bit awkward but still silly. I wanted the viewer to see my fun side by me having a background at a park. It was an open shade photograph in the middle of the day. I wanted the warm tones without that harsh sunlight, to see the warm side to me. Even though I was awkward I feel this picture said a lot without saying to much.


With this challenge I feel it makes you challenge and figure out who you are as a person. I believe we need to put ourselves in the position as a photographer, as we put our subject matter to better understand how they must feel. We are always striving for new learning experiences so why not a Self Portrait to show who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment