Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 2 Photo Challenge: Crime Scene



Our assignment was to create a crime scene photograph. This was a crazy interesting task. We had to come up with an idea on how to pose a person dead. People may think wow this is super easy but it took me three different ideas to get it correct. This was not the easiest thing like I assumed it would be. The light had to be correct it couldn’t be to warm or to cool. Also, how was I supposed to make bruises and blood look like they were real?  These are only a few questions. I caught myself second guessing where I would murder or find someone dead. Also I was afraid to look up ideas on the internet because they might think I would be really trying to kill someone. So I resorted to television shows for info as well as friends for input for my research.
I decided to try inside my house first bad Idea too much lighting needed looked to posed and faked. So then I thought of a suicide, that wasn’t the idea I was going for so that did not work out either.  At the bitter end I decided to kill my friend under the road by some brush in a wash. Duct tape and fake blood and a bit of makeup and we had ourselves a crime scene. It was fun bruising him up with makeup and then putting the blood everywhere. I wanted a full body but I decided to do half body it made it a bit more dramatic as a close up shot. It was cloudy outside around 1pm in the afternoon. I went with existing light with an EF-S18-55mm lens on ISO 100. My shots varied from fluorescent to open shade. I decided that open shade looked better for this shot but in my other pictures I wanted a cooler more morbid temperature so I chose fluorescent.  The colors on the ground made for a nice contrast to the blood.  All in all it was a fun experience and a fun shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment