Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BOC: Sports Photography

Photographer: Vicky lemus
Sports Photography


A sport of ambition and of going for the goal. Sports photgraphy becomes a dport for the photgrapher because its trying to get that shot of emotion, accident, or that winning shot. I chose to photographer a Dirt bike race and I was able to go on the track and take pictures of the racers. it was a very bright day the sun was high making everything very over exposed and contrast. I chose my apetures and shutters speeds correctly to be able to catch the shot. Out of all the hundreds of pictures I had I chose to use this picture due to its showing the eyes of the racer and he is basically on his back tire giving a better composition to the shot and he doesnt look stationary he looks as if he is doing something. I want to catch him in motion but still having a nice feel of lines and sleekness to the photgraph its self in this picture you see where he is at and also you see a worker of the racetrack and you can tell its a race in action.
Sports Photgraphy is an offely expensive sport in a way becuase of the type of lens and the insurance on your self its highly dangerous when you are on the track with the competitior. You have chances you have to take each and everytime but the thrill of the race might just give you that adrenaline rush as it gives me this is what I will be doing in my career catching the right shot and anticipating that shot and capturing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment