Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BOC: WEDDING PHOTO CHALLENGE


I started this challenge trying to figure out what a wedding means. I wanted to photograph a still life portrait using objects that held meaning in a wedding other than people. I decided to get a cake topper, bouquet and flower petals. I wanted to make the scene sweet and serene. I started out figuring how to placed the items to where the composition of the photograph would make me feel what I was trying to achieve in making the viewer see. I took white board to make my white background and floor to place the objects. Then I took white felt and draped it ove the top of the board and brought it down to make the background and the floor. I set up three 580EX II one over head one slightly beside me and one the far left side. To even out the background and foreground I chose this type of light to help the shadows. I wanted to almost achieve a high key setting without going to white. I used a 120 to 125th shutter speed that favor the picture tremendously. My F-stop was around 13-16 without going to light and to dark. I hand held the camera to get more angles and high and low shots. White balance was at Flash to balance out the white to not get to cool or to warm of tones. I chose to do this at home to give me more ease. I recommend doing it at a Studio if a studio is available if not you can try to do this easy technique at home. Taking into consideration in lighting and setup, I truly like the stylizing and the way the flash gave me a even tones and highlights on my objects. If I were to experiment a bit more I would of like to try painting with light to see how I could light the object and give it a dark tone with slight view of the objects giving you almost a memory of what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment