Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WEEK 7 EOC: PROGRESS TOWARD MY 4 PROFESSIONAL CONTACTS


Part of becoming a business owner we need people to help us along the way. These people are crucial parts if we need advice, financial, legal, and insurance agents. Going through and finding these types of people were a crucial step for a business plan. The question I was stuck with is Where and whom to go to? That was my most difficult dilemma I had to face. First thing I did was look on the internet and Google search for companies in my area. From there I checked the websites of the ones I liked and that were closer to me and I made my decision.  

The lawyer I found was through another lawyer not through the internet it was a recommendation.  They recommended Juan P. Rodriguez, ESQ., an IP Lawyer that has dealt with marketing and photography from the beginning of his career.  I asked him many questions and he was able to answer all of them and gave me a broader aspect of why I needed and IP lawyer in the future.  He was very helpful and knowledgeable and he is my top choice to speak to when I need a lawyer.

The next person I found was an Insurance/Financial Rep that I have is another recommendation from a photographer. She has helped them with their insurance needs and helped them in multiple ways in the business. She was very informative and was easy to talk to and understand when it came to explanations of what I needed to do financially.

The following person I spoke to was a business banker I chose Chase bank to deal with my business banking needs. I chose them because I have done my banking through them for many years and I feel very comfortable with them. I tried speaking to the vice presidents business card but was unable to talk to him. But after talking to other people and getting more incite, I would like to do more research and make my decision.

I only found one accountant that was close but still unsure of and that was with Ovist and Howard. I quickly just asked for a card. They weren’t really the type of accountants I was looking for. But I would do more research to really choose someone to do and trust with my accounting needs I understand that this is a necessary part of the business plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment